At Artifcts, the default is ‘private’ on every Artifct you create unless or until you say otherwise. We know the value of community and sharing, too, so we’ve built Artifcts with guardrails in place to ensure you stay in control of your information. Sensitive information—such as documentation, value, and location—is never shared publicly, even if you decide you want to share your Artifct with the world. These fields and the information contained within will remain viewable only to you, and anyone you designate with ‘Edit’ or ‘Full Control’ on specific Artficts or from your Account Settings.
Even your email is protected by use of a screen name. You can read more about screen names and how to choose a good one on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
We will continue to monitor what is going on in the technology and social media universe to ensure we provide you, our members, with the best privacy and security centric tools, policies, and services. We understand the value of information, yours and ours, and will do all that we can to ensure it remains protected.
- Artifcts requires strong passwords with a minimum of 12 characters and using mix of symbols, numbers, and upper- and lower-case characters. Password is hidden as you type by default.
- Data encryption keeps your information safe at rest (storage) and in transit, using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for files at rest and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) with 128-bit or higher AES during transit.
- Virus scanning services are enabled for Artifcts you create to avoid storing or sharing infected files.
- Sensitive Artifct data is locked from public view even if you share the Artifct so you do not accidentally share location, value, or documentation.
- Artifcts sends annual privacy checkup reminders and tips to all Arti Members.
Our Founders are always up for a discussion on the ins and outs of privacy and security.